Re: [cdt-dev] Getting started with CDT development
  • From: "Homer, Tony" <tony.homer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2020 21:06:14 +0000
  • Accept-language: en-US
  • Arc-authentication-results: i=1; mx.microsoft.com 1; spf=pass smtp.mailfrom=intel.com; dmarc=pass action=none header.from=intel.com; dkim=pass header.d=intel.com; arc=none
  • Arc-message-signature: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=microsoft.com; s=arcselector9901; h=From:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version:X-MS-Exchange-SenderADCheck; bh=Um/fV1S/2sG6pTbuZRV79mzSEsXulPj9QAeYaUGPFPI=; b=jlsrbrfTW8oUP8qS086Sw7pmjuWQvdKPGgZ4EnVxD6fkM0C8UnjWITzCjnrDwFUbPAuroTg1WpZ2bHlCjt2S+N1n99oBZu5GENQQYW/YaqMDs6McTWJnkSzCDmDMTa/+ssodbcBB+2OxPgHLuvaPh8kT/H+5hiSYCmBIMYosNNyv0CynIw+E3CPm7FhpQCAG0YOq3kZuNDKrTWTWjPSw+huPWeSJphs+IYa4NjzqR32ILxvNp8qfqw5XUW3jacYroChQpRExSHFsEzW+5lGbpdl2leDlgFQYhm4Xz5Qjg6JLwUACxjYwytLBS9+7CKi9LD5RVLzaQipi5raaaGZyug==
  • Arc-seal: i=1; a=rsa-sha256; s=arcselector9901; d=microsoft.com; cv=none; b=kPrY8obGGM7GmGz2Lp4kvqkDKVWa3jEYuH96bMAYucGETGU736Ir/6LT/h7muLLgVDuK0pbjLkOceyZQs98YgXGd11KDQTCvevQ895liRYTKa/4Cuw9oWyjPqfNNwmbLrGYti3TseHXxBZiVepGSGXhw0UeeiZ1KvPuCvFXb4auAuZEd1l3AQKGSx6kabSjmxqH/+iC8cfBYSL5WGWUV/lgmQWIOwyB9rS6jxWYG/L2TYO5TEvui7qQaXi9IjQAjJ8lyN6FVy59aVGU3LM0ASMgvo89fFdbTp1IoGvRUY6ejr1HOHvVbaeU+oMMjP7Qz49pSbpQgQ3E65lG5Jxm7mA==

It seems that “CDT Devel” (https://git.eclipse.org/r/plugins/gitiles/cdt/org.eclipse.cdt/+/refs/heads/cdt_10_0/cmake/aggregator/CDT%20devel.launch)  is not intended to be used for getting started with CDT Development.

I created a new launch configuration with defaults and it works.

Sorry for the giant log file in the previous message.

I removed it from this response.

I’d still like feedback on the points I raised in the original message in this thread.  In short,

  1. Oomph is a more efficient quick-start, so I’d like to rearrange the “Getting started” page to put that at the top
  2. I ran into some errors and edited the “Getting started” page – let me know if the edits are sane.
  3. 'org.eclipse.cdt.meson.ui.editor' is missing required source folder: 'src/'.  Is it expected?

Please see below for the original details.

Thanks!

Tony