Von: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]" im Auftrag von "Jonah Graham [jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Gesendet: Freitag, 11. September 2020 16:51
An: CDT General developers list.
Betreff: Re: [cdt-dev] Newbie Question: Best way to start the JUnit tests

Hello Michael,

Welcome! And thank you for asking the question.

You should run tests as JUnit Plug-in Test. Using the AutomatedIntegrationSuite is a good way for running a collection of tests, or you can run a package of tests, or even an individual test in the area you are interested in. (Feel free to add to the docs, or let me know where you looked so I know where it is best to add the info.)

However to run the entire test suite on your own computer can be a little more challenging as you need all the tools and correct versions. So I would focus on the tests in the area you are modifying and rely on the gerrit verification builds to check all the other tests. If you do want to run all of CDT's tests, CDT has a docker container with all the tools you can use.

What areas are you looking at? Is there a particular bug you are trying to tackle?

Thanks,
Jonah

~~~
Jonah Graham