Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 10.0.0 RC1 for 2020-09 RC1

On Fri, 4 Sep 2020 at 02:45, Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 4 Sep 2020, at 05:12, Jonah Graham <jonah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello folks,
>
> The EPP for C/C++ will be available around 10am on Saturday on https://www.eclipse.org/downloads/packages/release/2020-09/rc1/eclipse-ide-cc-developers
>
> The Eclipse CDT Standalone debugger is now available and there is now a Linux AArch64 version available.

Great!

Excuse my ignorance, I never used the standalone debugger, so if you point me to a documentation page, I can test it on my Berry (I just got a new one, with 8 GB of RAM! Really nice and capable toy!)

> https://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/builds/10.0/cdt-10.0.0-rc1/rcp/

I see the mac archive is no longer a .dmg, but a .tar.gz, which I personally prefer more.

Was there any decision on no longer using .dmg?

The standalone debugger has not been a dmg for a long time - I don't know the circumstances as they predate by involvement in the project. The "no longer" is probably because you are comparing the EPP project which does ship a dmg to the CDT standalone debugger.

AFAIK the biggest consumer of the CDT Standalone Debugger is being included as packages in Linux distributions. I have no idea if anyone uses the macosx version.

HTH,
Jonah

Back to the top