Re: [cdt-dev] CDT Call Wednesday 6 May

Hello folks,

We had our monthly call on Wednesday. The minutes are:

Minutes

3. Make a roadmap

(This was a long discussion, taking up most of the meeting. I - Jonah - did not record notes as we went.)

We had a long discussion on what should be in the roadmap, this included:

  • C++ new language support
  • Managed Build
  • Core build

At the moment there are still lots of things that can be done. There appeared to be some consensus on leveraging language servers going forward. There is an open question as to how, which Jonah summarized as one of these options:

  • Embrace the CDT parser and bring it (and continue to maintain it) with all the new C/C++ features. This option means language servers are not needed.
  • Freeze the existing parser and dedicate most all new work on integrating language servers
  • Balance of the above two options - e.g. having a way to switch between new language server and existing CDT parser on a per-project(?) case.

Some of these discussions extend beyond the scope of the CDT devers on their own with the hope that a dedicated working group can resolve these issues across CDT and other projects such as Theia and Che under the Eclipse banner.

Please sign up to the mailing list for the embedded tools working group or review the archives.

Action: Jonah to write a roadmap

4. Review of policys

We had some discussions in this regard. Mostly we are going with the status quo, but requesting that generally committers don’t submit other committers gerrits until the submitter has provided a +1/+2.

Ideally all gerrits would be multiply reviewed as well, but there is no official policy on this. Each committer has their own responsibility that they understand the code they are modifying if they want to submit it without additional review.

5. to 7.

These items were announced/reminded without any further discussion.

Other

Jeff reported that Linux Tools will be doing a major version release in 2020-09 too.

Next Meeting

~~~
Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders