Re: [cdt-dev] Module dependency

Hi Martin,

You are right, .core should never require .ui
One of the reasons it to keep the most part of functionality easily testable in pipeline. And ideally, UI layer should be as thin as databinding between SWT widget and "data storage".

The solution is simple: we focus or preference reading/writing in .core bundle and deal with visualization in .ui bundle.
We already have this in CDT, you can start from here https://github.com/eclipse-cdt/cdt/tree/master/core/org.eclipse.cdt.core/options/org/eclipse/cdt/core/options

Regards,
AF