Re: [cdt-dev] Updating release engineering documentation

Hi Johna,

Thanks for doing this. There are a lot of new steps I didn’t know about. I like the GitHub checkboxes for this. It would be interesting to see if some of those steps could be automated or dropped eventually. Like:
- Do we still need Oomph? It’s broken most of the time and it’s a drag to maintain. I’ve never really been comfortable with generating the .target file from .setup file either. I would rather prefer doing it the other way around and not have the CDT build depend on Oomph.
- Can we configure eclipserun to use the same target platform as the rest of the build now? (Well it actually used to be like that at the very beginning but it got changed in Tycho)
- etc...

Marc-André