Re: [cdt-dev] Codan develoepement, new checker

Yes, extension, I fixed the wiki. The best way just to pick one the existing checkers and trace it trough the code, i.e. where class is used and how (it will be referenced in xml where you create you checker extension)

On Thu, Oct 3, 2019 at 9:31 AM Christian Walther <walther@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
Viktor Csoma wrote:
> In this link: https://wiki.eclipse.org/CDT/designs/StaticAnalysis , in the create checker chapter I don't understand the following two points:
> "-create an extension point for org.eclipse.cdt.codan.core.checkers. Specify one or more problem that your checker can detect with name, id, default severity and enablement"
> "- create a class in selected plugin which extends one of the AbstractChecker classes, such as AbstractIndexAstChecker, see examples in org.eclipse.cdt.codan.internal.checkers"
> I think that to create a simple syntax checker I should add a checker and a problem under org.eclipse.codan.core.checkers (this where it is possible to add id, severity etc...). I 'm not sure how creating an extension point would help me.

I'm not familiar with Codan, but that should probably simply read "create an extension" (as you say), not "create an extension point".

 -Christian