[cdt-dev] Remote development

Hey gang, cool to see the VS Code core team release extensions for doing remote development.

This is something we've talked about often over the years and even Greg Watson and the PTP gang have some of a solution using org.eclipse.remote.

It would be good to learn from this and make sure our vscode extension with clangd work in that environment and then apply the lessons learned back to the Eclipse C/C++ IDE.

The main use case I'm thinking of as exemplary is supporting development on the Raspberry Pi, or any other embedded Linux board, from a laptop. Cross development tools are hard to come by for those platforms and running an IDE on such a constrained device with only a meg of memory is just a recipe for pain.

Doug.

Back to the top