Re: [cdt-dev] Ping review (2)

Hi Macro,

Thank you for all the great work! One thing I have been wondering is if we should go ahead with adding a lot of new checkers or not in Codan. My worry is that we have a lot to maintain and false positives can be a recurring problem. There are also a lot of tools that have mostly replaced the need of Codan like clang-tidy, clang-static-analyzer, pc-lint, Cppcheck etc. Clangd also covers a lot through warnings and errors that come directly from the compiler and does so as-you-type.
I am not saying that I am against adding more checkers and I don’t want to discourage you from improving CDT in this area. But this concern has been at the back of my mind and I’d love to hear your thoughts (or anyone’s) on the subject,

Otherwise, I’m happy to help reviewing where (when?) I can. (Well, except the formatter, I don’t know much about!).

Regards,
Marc-André