From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of William Riley
Sent: Thursday, March 29, 2018 12:02 PM
To: Liviu Ionescu <ilg@xxxxxxxxxx>; CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Managed Core Build

Hi Liviu

I haven’t looked into a detailed design for this area at the moment beyond making use of what is already available in Core Build (via org.eclipse.cdt.core.build.IToolChain & ICBuildConfiguration). Taking the same approach the current Core Build does and delegating this though to the underlying build system would seem the simplest, so then any custom build system plugin could implement its own method instead of parsing the build output. If you have any thoughts on this area please share.

Regards
William