[cdt-dev] Toolchain "LLVM with Clang (MacOSX)" is not detected.

Sorry if I'm repeating myself, but today, after quite a while, I tried
again to use the LLVM tools on macOS, and once again, I noticed that
clang is not automatically detected.

After disabling the 'Display compatible toolchains only', I could
select 'LLVM with Clang (MacOSX', and the build now uses clang, but I
constantly get the following error:

Toolchain "LLVM with Clang (MacOSX)" is not detected. Refer to "C/C++
Development User Guide", "Before you begin" how to install toolchains.

This is kind of silly on macOS, since clang is the default toolchain,
and comes with Xcode.

I also tried to run a debug session. After discovering the trick to
enable lldb-mi in the bottom of the page, the debug session started,
but no source code was displayed and the breakpoint in main was not
recognised, as if the debug information was not recognised (although
-g3 was used, and running a manual lldb session on the elf was ok).

Am I missing something? Aren't the LLVM plug-ins maintained any more?

In my oppinion, as it stands, LLVM/LLDB support is mostly useless, at
least on macOS.

Regards,

Liviu

Back to the top