From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Doug Schaefer
Sent: 07 February 2018 17:14
To: CDT General developers list. <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [cdt-dev] Minutes from today's call

Hey gang,

Great call today. I figure I’d write things down before I forget J.

-          Mikhail Khodjaiants is now semi-retired and looking for contracts. He’s going to spend time helping with CDT Debug. Which is great since he was CDT’s first Debug expert J.

-          William from Renesas mentioned he is looking at bring managed build onto Core Build which is great. I think that’s the last piece of our modernization effort and cleanup of the old build system.

-          Jeff from Red Hat has been working on Meson support on Core Build and is almost done. He’s also looking at Docker container support there.

-          Tracy mentioned issues have been raised on our web site possibly due to the new Eclipse template. We really need someone to go through it an clean it up. It hasn’t been touched in a long time.

-          Jonah is continuing to fix things in Debug and with the Build Console and working towards the debug server protocol.

-          I’ve been busy on other things since Christmas. But happy to help where I can to keep the ball rolling. I am also setting up a meeting with the Ericsson gang to get the status on clangd. Nate’s doing hero’s work on keeping our parsers up to date and clangd seems a long way off but we need to start planning on where we want to go with all that.

And finally, I have to apologize. Photon M5 came and went and I missed it. Kinda troubling that no one noticed or said anything. I’ll make sure we get things in for M6. We also need to put together an 9.4.x maintenance release for Oxygen.3. There have been some important fixes on the branch.

Did I mention, we need a releng person? I’m not sure it’s wise to rely on me for that as my time gets pulled in many directions. ;).

Let me know if I missed or miss-stated anything.

Doug.

Renesas Electronics Europe Ltd, Dukes Meadow, Millboard Road, Bourne End, Buckinghamshire, SL8 5FH, UK. Registered in England & Wales under Registered No. 04586709.

Back to the top