From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of jlangley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, February 1, 2018 12:49 PM
To: cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [cdt-dev] Hosting a CDT editor in a different view

Hi,

I am trying to determine the difficulty of hosting a CDT editor inside of the "Code Snippet" view of Papyrus-RT. Search this page for "Code Snippet" to see a
screenshot of the existing view:
https://wiki.eclipse.org/Papyrus-RT/User/User_Guide/Getting_Started

My initial thought is to load data from the UML structure into the Index and see
what happens.

Not sure about hosting the editor widget in a view. My team in the early days of CDT had thoughts of that from our roots in the Rational Rose RealTime team (and obviously Papyrus-RT has its roots there), but never really got that far.

We do have experience adding data to the index. Check the cdt.qt.core and ui plug-ins. Andrew Eidsness did that work while on contract for us but not sure if he's floating around here ;).

Has anyone tried something like this before?

Thanks!
-J. Langley