Re: [cdt-dev] Adding autotools support to core builder

Doug Schaefer wrote:

>> I am actually vaguely interested in the Eclipse launch bar, because we have
>> implemented something similar at Indel and might want to transition to the
>> launch bar in the long term. I don't spend a lot of my time on Eclipse/CDT so
>> these things have been on the back burner, but I was recently working on
>> updating our IDE from Mars to Oxygen and so they have caught my attention
>> again.
>
> Cool. That's why I'm bringing this up now to encourage everyone to take another look at the Launch Bar. I am putting together a slide package for the deep dive at EclipseCon and will share that with the rest of the community right after that.

Great! I am actually debating whether to come to the Embedded Tools Summit at EclipseCon. I'm not sure I am deep enough in these things to contribute much, but it might be fun and instructive anyway.

Would there be interest in (and time for) a demo of our CDT-based IDE for programming industrial control systems (https://www.indel.ch/en/software/tools/ide)? I could show how we extend and hack CDT, on a high level. I probably cannot answer most questions about *why* we do things this and that way, as I have simply forgotten or wasn't involved in the decision - the IDE is just one of many projects of our small software team and is not always at the forefront of our attention.

 -Christian

Back to the top