[cdt-dev] Core Build

Hi,

I'm making another attempt at playing around with Core Build, but having trouble understanding how everything is meant to stick together. I've looked around at the Qt and Arduino integrations, but I keep stumbling on things here and there.

Some stuff that I don't really understand:

* Do I need to (or should I) have my own builder? I expect to do all building using our internal build tools, so no CMake/GNU make etc. will be involved.

* What is the expected workflow of creating a new project? When and by whom are the toolchains and build configurations expected to be created? There is some off-hand remark in the ICBuildConfiguration about "Adapting IBuildConfiguration to this interface will get you one of these. From here, adapt to the specific interface that you need and the configuration will provide one.​", but it is not clear to me what this really means in practise.

* The CBuildConfigurationManager seems to assume that the build configuration names (IBuildConfiguration#getName()) are on the form <buildConfigProviderId>/<configName>, or it refuses to adapt the IBuildConfiguration to a ICBuildConfiguration (see CBuildConfigurationManager line 186). Is this correct, and if so, why?

* My build configurations don't show up in "Build Configuration -> Manager...", nor can I select any build configuration:

* I've been able to get my custom builder to run, but it only seems to run on clean/rebuild. Pressing "Build Project" again does not result in another call to the builder.

* Are the Arduino and Qt integrations in CDT master expected to work, or are they still work in progress? I tried creating an Arduino project, but got weird errors about the build not being configured correctly, but it wasn't clear to me if it was because I didn't have any Arduino stuff installed on my machine.

/Jesper

Back to the top