Re: [cdt-dev] Bug entries for external contributions

On 10 August 2017 at 15:16, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I’m not sure whether this is policy or not but, if not, I’d like it to be.
> This has come up a couple of times in reviews. I would like to make it
> mandatory that any non-committer change request must have a Bugzilla entry.
> We need to be more diligent in tracking third party contributions as these
> go in the IP logs at release time and we really need the bug entries to
> track discussion about the contributions.
+1

> Every committer change should have a Bugzilla entry as well, but we end up
> doing a lot of minor changes that make that unnecessary overhead. But just a
> reminder anyway ;)
Ok, I am fine with bug reports for non-trivial committer changes.
Trivial, especially cosmetic changes, should not require a bug report
though due to the overhead. I propose policy is committer discretion
as boundary between trivial/cosmetic and non-trivial?

Back to the top