Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [cdt-dev] When's the next CDT release?

If we have to do a release anyway for Oxygen.1, may as well make it 9.4

By "have to do a release" I assume that means test it, check the EPP
for C/C++ etc. What I don't have an appreciation for is the effort for
release review/ip log that needs to be done.

There was a previous concern raised about vendors and users keeping
up. However, in my experience vendors take releases on their cycle.
e.g. went from 8.6 -> 9.3 or 8.8 to 9.2. I can't speak for users, but
I can't see users have a problem with the new features.

Finally, if we decide that next release is 9.4, then any bug fixes can
evolve API. Sometimes it can be quite constraining to fix some bugs
without evolving API. (For clarity I still mean non-breaking API


Jonah Graham
Kichwa Coders Ltd.

On 7 June 2017 at 15:47, Doug Schaefer <dschaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hey gang,
> We discussed this at the call yesterday. We’re wondering whether the next
> minor (feature) release, I.e. 9.4, should be in September or December. We
> had discussed this earlier but it’s probably now time to decide.
> There are a few things happening feature-wise, in particular the Docker
> remote project stuff Jeff is working on, Nate and his ever improving C++
> language support, and other work happening on the CMake front, amongst other
> things. Are these things we want out in September?
> Thanks,
> Doug.
> _______________________________________________
> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
> To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from
> this list, visit

Back to the top