|Re: [cdt-dev] Moving on|
Thank you for your amazing work! Throughout the years, you were (and still are) a great example for the Eclipse community. I wish you the best in your new project(s) and I know you will do a terrific job.
From: Marc Khouzam
Sent: Saturday, March 18, 2017 9:16:34 PM
To: CDT DEV
Subject: Moving on
after 10 years working on CDT (with the first 2 as part of the DD project), I have made the difficult choice to move on to a new employer.
As a consequence, I won't have much (if any) time to spend on CDT, and I must step-down as co-lead. Doug has always been the true lead for the CDT and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work closely with him for this great open-source effort.
I will finish the 9.2.1 release next week and finalize some outstanding patches until the end of March. After that I'd like to remain a committer and I don't dismiss the possibility of posting patches once in a while, but I will mostly follow the project as a nostalgic observer.
I want to thank all of you who I've had the privilege to get to know through my work on the CDT, you have made my last 10 years truly amazing (*).
(*) I just didn't feel right without giving more detailed thanks, so forgive my lengthiness, but I need to give some heartfelt thanks:
- to my bosses at Ericsson, especially Dominique Toupin for getting me to work with CDT.
- to Doug for mentoring me from the first to the last day. It gave me the confidence to take on more responsibilities, that I thank him for offering to me.
- to Pawel Piech for his incredible technical mentorship on DSF and Eclipse in general.
- to my fellow Ericsson committers (by seniority) Marc-Andre Laperle, Alvaro Sanchez-Leon, Marc Dumais, for all their help, efforts and support, but mostly for making this job fun.
- to all the others committers, Mikhail, John Cortell, Sergey, Elena, Jeff, Jonah, Teo, Nathan, Thomas, and the many more I had the pleasure to work with over the years, you have shown me that distance is no obstacle for good relationships.
- to the people of the Eclipse Foundation, for their amazing support behind so many of the things we do.
- to the people of CDT community that got involved with us, your presence shows us that our work is appreciated.
- to all the Eclipse committers and contributors that have made it possible for the CDT to exist.
I am grateful to each and everyone of you.
Back to the top