|Re: [cdt-dev] Moving on|
It was a pleasure working with you, your technical skills to tackle a complex debug implementation, your perseverance and all of this with a nice personality that everyone wanted to have in theire team.
You will be missed at eclipse and at ericsson.
We really wish you the best in your new job.
after 10 years working on CDT (with the first 2 as part of the DD project), I have made the difficult choice to move on to a new employer.
As a consequence, I won't have much (if any) time to spend on CDT, and I must step-down as co-lead. Doug has always been the true lead for the CDT and I am grateful to have had the opportunity to work closely with him for this great open-source effort.
I will finish the 9.2.1 release next week and finalize some outstanding patches until the end of March. After that I'd like to remain a committer and I don't dismiss the possibility of posting patches once in a while, but I will mostly follow the project as a nostalgic observer.
I want to thank all of you who I've had the privilege to get to know through my work on the CDT, you have made my last 10 years truly amazing (*).
(*) I just didn't feel right without giving more detailed thanks, so forgive my lengthiness, but I need to give some heartfelt thanks:
- to my bosses at Ericsson, especially Dominique Toupin for getting me to work with CDT.
- to Doug for mentoring me from the first to the last day. It gave me the confidence to take on more responsibilities, that I thank him for offering to me.
- to Pawel Piech for his incredible technical mentorship on DSF and Eclipse in general.
- to my fellow Ericsson committers (by seniority) Marc-Andre Laperle, Alvaro Sanchez-Leon, Marc Dumais, for all their help, efforts and support, but mostly for making this job fun.
- to all the others committers, Mikhail, John Cortell, Sergey, Elena, Jeff, Jonah, Teo, Nathan, Thomas, and the many more I had the pleasure to work with over the years, you have shown me that distance is no obstacle for good relationships.
- to the people of the Eclipse Foundation, for their amazing support behind so many of the things we do.
- to the people of CDT community that got involved with us, your presence shows us that our work is appreciated.
- to all the Eclipse committers and contributors that have made it possible for the CDT to exist.
I am grateful to each and everyone of you.
Back to the top