[cdt-dev] managed build location?

I'm almost ready with a mBed exporter to GNU ARM Eclipse managed projects.

As usual for mBed, builds are expected to be done in the BUILDS folder. I tried to set the `<builder buildPath="..." >` to a subfolder of BUILD:

```
<builder buildPath="${workspace_loc:/mbed-os-example-blinky}/BUILD/Debug" cleanBuildTarget="mbedclean"
 id="ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.builder.532430078" keepEnvironmentInBuildfile="false"
 managedBuildOn="true" name="Gnu Make Builder" parallelBuildOn="true" parallelizationNumber="optimal"
 superClass="ilg.gnuarmeclipse.managedbuild.cross.builder"/>
```

unfortunately the `buildPath` attribute is ignored, the managed build always runs in `ProjectRoot/Debug`.

the GUI to configure this build path is enabled only for makefile projects, and the configured value is correctly displayed:

for managed projects, the value is changed to the shorter path:

is this behaviour intentional? to me it sounds like a bug.

is there any documentation on these details? what does the .cproject dtd say about the `buildPath` attribute?

regards,

Liviu

Back to the top