Re: [cdt-dev] Windows XP support

BTW, I’d be very suspicious about a bug that only happens on Windows XP. There isn’t that much difference between Windows versions that would affect the CDT. As for the bug in question, I’d be more suspicious of Cygwin. But then I always am ;)

Doug.

From: <cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Alvaro Sanchez <alvsan09@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, October 14, 2016 at 3:56 PM
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Windows XP support

+1, fully agree !

On Fri, Oct 14, 2016 at 3:36 PM, Marc-André Laperle <marc-andre.laperle@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

We've come across a bug that happens only on Windows XP. It made me wonder if we should more officially declare that some environments are not supported anymore. What that would mean is that we would closed/wontfix some of those bugs and if someone wants to step up and fix the issue, we could reopen it.

So, is there any objection to considering Windows XP as "not supported" anymore?

Is there any objection to mark bugs closed/wontfix for platforms considered unsupported unless someone steps up?

Regards,

Marc-Andre