|Re: [cdt-dev] New CDT -> Launchbar dependency in 9.0m6|
Different plugins in CDT now have a dependency on launchbar.core. I don't believe there is or should be any dependency on launchbar.ui.
I think installation of the zip will require the simrel repo, as you mention, like other CDT dependencies, but that should be it.
In you case, you can just add the dependency to you target file.
I don't believe we announce new dependencies in any official way usually. But I guess new dependencies in fundamental CDT plugins don't happen very often either. I think the launchbar is one of those rare cases.BR,
Hi CDT Gang,
We noticed that since CDT 9.0m6 , there is a new dependency on the LaunchBar which broke our builds  since our target platform wasn’t prepared to pull in the LaunchBar:
· org.eclipse.cdt.feature.feature.groupè org.eclipse.cdt.gnu.build.feature.groupà org.eclipse.cdt.build.gcc.core 1.0.0à org.eclipse.launchbar.core 2.0.0
This rises some questions:
1. Is this dependency actually necessary? I thought that Launchbar was supposed to be optional.
2. UI: can you confirm that launchbar UI will remain optional for CDT in 9.x ?
3. Dependency: cdt-9.0m6a.zip doesn’t include launchbar.core, so how are “stand-alone users” supposed to install CDT now ?
o Simrel apparently pulls it form http://download.eclipse.org/tools/cdt/launchbar/neon.m6 , can this be included in future Milestone Announcements ?
4. Namespace: Has the “org.eclipse.launchbar” namespace been agreed on with simrel ?
To be clear, we appreciate all the usability work going into the CDT recently. But unfortunately the Launchbar
conflicts with our product approach for maintaining remote connections, so it’s really important for us
that the Launchbar UI remains optional for the CDT.
Looking forward to your input !
Martin Oberhuber, SMTS / Product Owner – Development Tools, Wind River
direct +43.662.457915.85 fax +43.662.457915.6
cdt-dev mailing list
To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit
Back to the top