[cdt-dev] Libraries tab misbehavior

Hi,

I am having a wrong behavior when using the C/C++ General > Paths and Symbols > Libraries tab.

If you either added a workspace path or an absolute path to a library file, it gets added as -l option under C/C++ Build > Settings > Tool Settings > C Linker > Libraries which causes the linker to fail as the -l flag should hold only the name of the library.

Is there a reason why the “Libraries” tab allow the user to browse for the library? Shouldn’t we give just a text box (like on -l option case) to not to offer something that doesn’t work?

Another way to handle this would be to add two entries: The library name with the -l option, and the library path with the -L option. But I looked into the implementation and it seems that it is not straightforward to change it to add two entries instead of one though.

Thanks,

Mohamed Azab

Software Development Engineer

Mentor Graphics