Re: [cdt-dev] Freeze invisible GDB variable objects

On which criteria would the framework emit those commands?

On 14/08/2014 10:52 AM, Raphael Zulliger wrote:
Hi

To increase debugging performance when having huge data structures in Variable/Expression View etc., I'd like to make extend CDT with GDB's "-var-set-frozen" or "-var-set-update-range" features (see https://sourceware.org/gdb/current/onlinedocs/gdb/GDB_002fMI-Variable-Objects.html).

I'm still quite unfamiliar with the ViewModel concept and how it finally links to the UI. Therefore, can someone point me towards a good starting point regarding: How can I know which elements in the Variable View, Expression View are currently visible? (i.e. if there are 1000 members in a struct, the view will at most show a few dozens, depending on the height of the view - all others are invisible). How could I get notified about changes (e.g. the user scrolls down the list)?

Any idea/hint would highly be appreciated!

Thanks,
Raphael