From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Andreas From [andyfrom@xxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, July 17, 2014 1:28 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] LaunchBar documentation

Hi Doug,

First post here I think, so Hi!

I come from an embedded background having used e.g. emacs and many other tools. I like your efforts and would like to long-term be able to contribute to improving UX for CDT.

I did a quick edit of the Launch Bar to compact it which would be a good thing since from my experience real estate is very precious - e.g. when doing development for multicore systems with a lot of views that you need information from or when presenting at a scrum sprint review (not so uncommon use case) on projectors having a native resolution of ... not so much. Anyway, you get the idea.

Is it possible to down-size various graphical elements to keep a nice clean minimal GUI?
Would this benefit from being configurable?
I was thinking in the sense of small vs large icons, task/status bars, etc in the Ubuntu or Windows desktop management.
Is there some support from the platform to resize graphical elements (or padding) or would they need to be provided in different size?

BR,
Andreas

Hey gang,

I've updated the LaunchBar wiki with documentation. It's a bit short at the moment, but it kinda reflects the elegance of the design :). Let me know if you have questions and help guide me in providing more description where it's needed.

Over the next few weeks I'll be doing the CDT providers for the LaunchBar so that Launch Descriptors appear for executable projects as soon as they're created, for example, so the user never needs to go to the launch configuration dialog to build and run their projects. It'll serve as a good example for others to follow. But at the moment, we're focused on a more complex internal example to make sure we have everything covered.

Thanks!
Doug.