Rational Developer For System z C/C++
IBM Eclipse CDT and RDT
IBM Toronto

Inactive hide details for Vladimir Prus ---07/14/2014 01:49:07 AM---Hi, in our current project, we're finding that CDT tries toVladimir Prus ---07/14/2014 01:49:07 AM---Hi, in our current project, we're finding that CDT tries to parse the created projects too early.

From: Vladimir Prus <vladimir@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list." <cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 07/14/2014 01:49 AM
Subject: [cdt-dev] Delay project parsing until first build
Sent by: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

in our current project, we're finding that CDT tries to parse the created projects too early.
Specifically, for us:

- new projects use non-trivial templates
- this is a custom compiler and makefile-based build system, so most headers used by the
  templates are not found until the first build (when the command-line scanner finds the
  include paths)

As the result, as soon as new project is created, a lot of identifiers are highlighted in
red as not found.

Is there a way to instruct CDT to delay parsing until first build?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/