[cdt-dev] Multicore Visualizer on 576 cores

Hi Marc,

As promized on twitter, please find herafter a screenshot of the multicore visualizer running on 576 cores.
The MPPA TURBOCARD2 is not yet on my hands: I've worked instead on 2 MPPA boards connected together - Yes, it's smaller: it's half the size.

Lessons learned:
(1) When gdb connects to this platform, he ask each core/thread individually for his state. It's a bit slow...
(2) When visualizer connects, he does the same things: so we have to wait twice longer.

Our gdb is able to return the state of the whole system with a single "info thread" command.
I was able to use this feature to populate the multicore visualizer view faster (much faster).

However, I do not know how to use the feature to populate the standard debug view. Any hints ?

Xavier Raynaud

xavier.raynaud@xxxxxxxxx
Phone : +33 6 32 19 22 56

www.kalray.eu

Follow us on :

KALRAY SA

445 rue Lavoisier, 38330 Montbonnot FRANCE
Phone: +33 4 76 18 90 71
Fax: +33 4 76 89 80 26