Re: [cdt-dev] visibility of typedefs/type aliases

> > I agree that typedefs require special treatment. Will you be willing to
> > give it a shot?
> I've been shooting already ;-) And that's why I was asking. The question is
> whether the code stated below is required, or if it is superfluous.
> My first approach was to remove the check altogether, and in fact the typedefs
> started to work. But I don't know what might break by this change. First I
> thought it might be forward declarations but then I realized that those cannot
> be subject of this check. Do you have any hints what this check is good for
> (comments in the code would be a boon ;-)?

I don't know about this piece of code in particular, but a good way
to assess whether a change breaks something is to run relevant
test suites and see if the change causes any failures. For changes
to the parser/indexer/semantics code, I typically run
DOMParserTestSuite and IndexTests. Another idea is to run the
codan tests (I don't recall the name of the test suite at the moment).

Regards,
Nate

Back to the top