[cdt-dev] Bug 421541 - How to deal with API Tooling problem in cdt_8_2 branch

Dear All,

I want to push on gerrit (master & cdt_8_2) a fix for this bug.
(support by cdt/dsf/gdb of main routine in ada, pascal, modula-2, etc... language)

I have a question related to cdt_8_2 branch.

The fix is to switch to c language when the sizeof(void *) is read from gdb (see dsf/gdb/service/GDBMemory.initializeMemoryData)

To implement it I will

create the following new classes

CLIShowLanguageInfo (in dsf/mi/service/command/output)
CLIShowLanguage (in dsf/mi/service/command/commands)
CLISetLanguage (in dsf/mi/service/command/commands)

add the createCLIShowLanguage & createCLISetLanguage methods in CommandFactory (in dsf/mi/service/command)

add the createCLIShowLanguage & createCLISetLanguage methods in CommandFactory (in dsf/mi/service/command)

add the showLanguage & setLanguage methods in GDBMemory (in dsf/gdb/service)

update the initializeMemoryData method of GDBMemory (in dsf/gdb/service)
to save current language, switch to c before reading sizef(void *) and reseting to saved language after reading sizef(void *)

I don't see how to deal with API Toolting constraints in cdt_8_2 branch.

Thanks for your feedback

--
Philippe Gil
R&D engineer