Re: [cdt-dev] DebugUI Variables View context menu

On 21.09.2012 02:11, kesselhaus wrote:
Hi,

The question came up on #eclipse on irc.freenode.net about the Debug UI "Variables" View.
The context menu contains a "Add Global Variable" which is greyed out all the time.
I tried that on Indigo and Juno and that guy was right.

The question is, what is this entry supposed to do, and when will it ever get activated?

I believe it is supposed to show the list of global variables, so that you can pick one and
have it added to the variables view.

My colleague Mike Wrighton has been looking into reviving this functionality (both DSF side
and required GDB changes) and has a WIP patch, but there's no ETA for completion at present.
Though, maybe at least the GDB patch can be submitted upstream pretty soon. Mike?

Vladimir Prus
CodeSourcery / Mentor Graphics
http://www.mentor.com/embedded-software/

Back to the top