Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
Re: [cdt-dev] CDT 9?

Is anyone planning to change the API? I think if there is no need then we should keep 8.1. It would give the wrong message to increment the version to 9.0 if there is no breaking change.


On 08/02/2012 2:42 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 6:54 AM, Marc Khouzam<marc.khouzam@xxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
No objections from me, but I think we should justify the decision. I'm sure some vendors will want to understand.

What made up your mind?
It's time to decide and out of habit. I still highly recommend you do
not make API changes. I'm going out of my way with the new project
wizard not to change any of the template and build APIs, for example.

But I am waiting for someone with a strong opinion to keep it 8.1...

Best regards,


----- Original Message -----
From: Doug Schaefer<cdtdoug@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "CDT General developers list."<cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 07-02-2012 22:13
Subject: [cdt-dev] CDT 9?

Any objections to calling the next release (and numbering all of the
features) as CDT 9.0? Please raise them by the weekend.

cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list
cdt-dev mailing list

Back to the top