[cdt-dev] Want to add additional configurations to show up in new C/C++ project wizard

I want to add some canned configurations for the new C/C++ project wizards for a project type via a plugin.

For example, to add a "Profile with GProf" configuration to an existing project type where the compiler/linker flags are set up by default similar to how the Debug configuration is set up. I want this configuration to show up as a choice in the Select Configurations page for the new C/C++ Project wizards.

Is there currently a way to do this via extensions?

I know that a project type can specify a parent and will inherit configurations but I actually don't want a new project type (at least one showing up in the new C/C++ Project wizard).

I tried defining a configuration and had it point to an existing parent of a project type, but that doesn't show up in the Select Configurations page. I would guess because it isn't a direct child of the project type.

Perhaps I could create the configurations dynamically, but it would need to occur before the Select Configurations page gets initialized.

Any ideas on how this could be done?

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top