[cdt-dev] Build console location

Hi,
There is an enhancement request bug 297222 Allow temporary build arguments from build console  and there is an interest in that from the community and a submitted patch. However, this change is not possible with the current location of build console in cdt.ui.

I created bug 320521 Move build console from cdt.ui to one of the build plugins to resolve this issue:

The location of the build console in cdt.ui prevents better integration of the console with other build components. This task is a blocker for bug 297222, and I've run into it before on a few occasions too.
Currently the console classes are located in internal packages of cdt.ui. The suggested location is org.eclipse.cdt.make.ui so it would be accessible in other build plugins.

Please, voice any concerns related to the issue.

Thanks,
Andrew

Back to the top