Skip to main content

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index] [List Home]
[cdt-dev] RE: Should we do a major version increment for DSF-GDB

Going twice...

As John mentioned, keeping API compatibility costs both effort
and code clarity.  If it will not be beneficial for people, I do not
want to 'torture' myself or patch contributors by keeping API

No one has objected yet...
I'll wait a little more, but if we do a major increment,
there is no turning back, so speak now if it will cause
you problems.

Be aware that this is not a 'carte blanche'.
We will still try to keep the APIs stable, but when
required, we would change them.

Again, this is for DSF-GDB only, not DSF.


> -----Original Message-----
> From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx 
> [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Marc Khouzam
> Sent: Friday, July 09, 2010 8:04 AM
> To: 'CDT General developers list.'
> Subject: [cdt-dev] Should we do a major version increment for DSF-GDB
> Hi,
> recent mailing list discussions point to the fact
> that integrators starting to use DSF-GDB will
> want/need to change some aspects that would require
> efforts to keep API-compatibility.
> Are there integrators out there that already use
> DSF-GDB that would like us to try to keep
> API-compatibility with Helios?
> If no one is against it, and considering we already
> have people voting in favor, we will up the DSF-GDB 
> major version right away, to make Indigo development
> much easier.
> This is for DSF-GDB plugins only (org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb*),
> not the DSF plugins.
> Thanks
> Marc
> _______________________________________________
> cdt-dev mailing list
> cdt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

Back to the top