Re: [cdt-dev] [DSF] new context with stack frames

Pawel,

Ling has passed this issue off to me so I wanted to follow up with some more
detail and see if you had any other thoughts:

In this use case when we initially launch a debug session there is no OS
running on the device and so there is really just one IExecutionDMContext,
the device itself running the OS startup code. But execution of this code
will eventually get the OS running and then the original IExecutionDMContext
for the startup code will go away and new ones will appear for the Processes
and Threads managed by the OS.

So our EDC view model needs to support both in the same debug session. To
support this we've added a new kind of DMContext to EDC that has both the
attributes of a process (modules) and a thread (stack frames). It is a
IContainerDMContext that doesn't actually contain any other contexts.

To support this EDC's LaunchVMProvider now adds a stack frame node as a
child of the container node in addition to the thread node. This seems to
work OK but I'm still testing to see if any side effects show up.

Does all this sound like a reasonable approach?

Thanks - Ken