Re: [cdt-dev] CDT and e4

Well, as has been my argument all along, it depends on two factors. 1)
how long to we need to keep 3.x support and 2) who's available to do
the work.

The easy path is that e4's backwards compatibility modes allow CDT to
work without any code change. Anything else is a question mark.

In my opinion, and we should start this debate, e4 is very young. Will
it be ready for commercial vendors to adopt it next year? I'm not
sure. My biggest concern is performance. If it is any way slower than
the existing platform, it would be near impossible for me to sell it
internally here at Wind River. You should hear the conversations we're
having as it is. So I'm in a wait and see mode.

Doug