Re: [cdt-dev] Our Plans Post Helios

Ken,

Logistics-wise, this new branch would not be part of a Helios releng build, right? After all, how can a build build two branches of the same source tree? Is is just some branch that individual developers could work with? That seems OK (though in the back of my head I wonder why this isn't just a fork at Nokia--I might not fully understand the purpose of it). It seems that's harmless enough. What I don't see as doable is somehow making a build of that branch deployable with Helios. After all, if it isn't going to be built as part of Helios, how can we distribute it with Helios. There might be some solution to make that possible, but it seems to me it would be pretty complicated and messy.

John