Re: [cdt-dev] Exposing headless build results

2010/5/6 Dmitry Kozlov <ddk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> Is it possible (and what's the procedure is) to change platform API to add
> build which returns build result?

No, that will never happen...

> May be you guys can suggest other ways to workaround this platform API
> limitation to return build result?

Sure. Take a look at the patch on bug 309769. this creates a special
CDT specific marker kind which is set on the project and contains the
error code returned by the project's builder if non-zero.  It's
striaghtforward to make the headless builder then emit / return this
error code.  Obviously when building multiple referenced projects,
there may be multiple error codes... A better bet may be to dump all
makers, which we do, and pick out the return codes for the individual
projects in some other external script.

I'll see if I can get some time to break this patch up to address the
issues separately in CDT 7.

James