[cdt-dev] What triggers indexing if not a build?

I am trying out the latest M7 CDT (checked out in my local Eclipse) under Helios M7 with the Autotools plugin also checked out.

I start a child Eclipse instance and create an Autotools project. The header files for my source (a hello world program) are unresolved.

I then start a build and the header files are then resolved..i.e. I can click on them in the outline view (includes stdio.h). If I highlight a function (e.g. "puts") in my source file and click F3...nothing happens. If I then right-click on the project and do an Index->Rebuild, the F3 action on puts now works successfully.

If I close the child Eclipse instance down and restart it, everything happens over again. Header files are unresolved...need to build again, and then I have to do a rebuild of the index to get indexing to work.

I don't see anything missing in the project settings for the indexer (it is enabled for the workspace).

Any ideas on why this is happening?

-- Jeff J.

Back to the top