Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Build2 unveiling assumptions

Definitely. Check out the build.core and build.ui plugins in org.eclipse.cdt/build2. I have configs and toolchains. But they are much simpler and stored in the project preferences for now.

The .cproject seems to be fine for now. It contains the path entries for the source and output folders I create for Android projects. There is a default config there that seems to be handling that.

Weird enough, the NPEs are gone too once I up'ed my PermGen space. The M7 platform seems to be full of scalability/performance issues. Or at least that's my guess. Maybe it's my new Ubuntu 10.04 too.

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 2:08 AM, Treggiari, Leo <leo.treggiari@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I do think there is an assumption that every project has at least one configuration.  For a makefile project, maybe one is enough,  or maybe there is a configuration per makefile target along with macro settings used with the target.  I’d still like to see a design exercise that determines what is the minimum. common, information that CDT needs to know about build system objects such as configurations, tool-chains, builders, etc.

Leo

From: cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Andrew Gvozdev
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 7:23 PM
To: CDT General developers list.
Subject: Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Build2 unveiling assumptions

CDT still can handle 3.0 projects which aren't tied to configurations (.cdtproject) but I believe it creates some kind of default ICConfigurationDescription out of it and feeds that into the system. It uses the old UI which is still there but dormant. Not sure if it is worth to try reusing that old UI.

Andrew