Re: [cdt-dev] API question

This is basically the same dilemma DSF has with the provisional parts of the Flexible Hierarchy. You don't want your public API exposing internal/provisional types. It can use those types, just not expose them. The internal quality is very much viral in that way. The only viable directions I see are to either make the likely-to-change APIs public and bank on the fact that the next CDT release will probably be a major one, or go the route you say you didn't want to go down. Or, of course, really try hard not to change those methods after Helios introduce new variants in a backward compatible way.

John