Re: [cdt-dev] proposal: remove several CDI debuggers

At 04:48 PM 4/13/2010, Dave Korn wrote:
> It has some attempts and thoughts on how to approach the 'cygdrive'
> issue in the CDT debugger.

Ah, a new source container sounds appropriate; I'm not familiar with the way
all the bits of the architecture hang together yet, but I'd guess that if we
made this work, lots of other parts of the whole eclipse application will all
hang together smoothly and transparently?

Well, the thing to keep in mind is that source containers are a debugger concept; they are currently only really used by the debugger. I contributed some enhancements that would allow a non-debugger CDT components to use them, but that's currently not really being taken advantage of in stock CDT (we do in our commercial product).

  Would it possibly be even nicer if it was derived from the existing file
mapping container, so that it could get all the UI and allow manual entries to
be added, while preloading itself with the system's default path mappings?

Hm. Not really seeing your vision here.

John

Back to the top