[cdt-dev] "starter.exe" intermittent crash on Windows 7

It's not always re-producible, but we have noticed "starter.exe" crashes
on Windows 7 intermittently during our junit tests on building projects
with following exception:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   APPCRASH
  Application Name:     starter.exe
  Application Version:  0.0.0.0
  Application Timestamp:        46d858bf
  Fault Module Name:    ntdll.dll
  Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16385
  Fault Module Timestamp:       4a5bdadb
  Exception Code:       c0000008
  Exception Offset:     0007f392
  OS Version:   6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
  Locale ID:    1033

I have tried to set the "starter.exe" to run in Windows XP compatibility mode but it fails with "VirtualAlloc pointer is
null" error.

Exception code c0000008 is "Invalid File Handle". It's in the "CloseHandle()" function when it receives either a handle value that is not valid or a pseudo-handle value.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms724211%28VS.85%29.aspx

Does anyone notice this problem too? Is it a real bug?

Thanks,
Andy

Back to the top