Re: [cdt-dev] Re: Re: questions about building and modifying CDT plugins

Just copying a plugin with a new version won't work. The eclipse plattform keeps track of the jars to use. AFAIK, you have to create a new deployable feature version and update eclipse with the new one. To much work for me -> I prefer #1 ;)

I don't understand this. The documentation says to export the plug-in from your SDK project and, using the Directory Destination method, this puts the .jar directly into the target installation's plugins dir. I have verified that after the export process, there is a new .jar file sitting there with new mod date. I can do a "jar tf" on this file and see it seems to include boatloads of classes from org/eclipse/cdt/make/. Does the export process do more than copy the .jar into the right place? Why wouldn't this work?

Try relaunching eclipse with the -clean argument

I added -clean to my command line args for the target eclipse executable and still it doesn't seem to load the right plug-in. By "right" plug-in, I mean the org.eclipse.cdt.make.core.jar that I just generated using my eclipse SDK and making a slight modification. The "slight modifications" I have tried are:

0. no change except when exporting the plug-in, change the plug-in version qualifier which I thought I could verifiy in the target installation via About Eclipse - Installation Details - Plug-ins. Didn't work. Tried the same thing with manually incrementing the x in 6.0.0.x  - it generate a correctly-named .jar (reflecting the new version #) but as I mentioned on an earlier post it wouldn't load in the target CDT installation.
1. change some of the strings in the MakeMessages.properties file in org.eclipse.cdt.make.internal.
core - assuming it would change the string shown during a build operation like changing "Updating project..." to "This is my test string..." and then I could verify that in the target CDT installation. Didn't work.
2. commenting out the unconditional cal to refreshProject() after the build command completes. This didn't work either.

Back to the top