Re: [cdt-dev] Importing Existing Code

Hi Doug,

First, let me say that I think this is a great idea!

On 10-03-10 2:16 PM, Doug Schaefer wrote:
Makefile project is assumed since it's unlikely you'd use this feature to add managed make to existing code (if you need to, you can use the previous workaround).

I disagree. Beginners want to use managed. Since this is a usability issue, I think it makes sense to support managed too. I'm a CS student and people who know how to write Makefiles are in the minority. The majority come from Visual Studio or they are too lazy to write/learn Makefiles. I personally use the managed "workaround" 90% of the time. Is there a bug opened for the Makefile project case? I'd be happy to help with the managed project case.

Marc-Andre

Back to the top