Re: [cdt-dev] Build Update

On Sat, Mar 6, 2010 at 7:36 AM, Axel Müller <aegges@xxxxxx> wrote:
Am Samstag, 6. März 2010 13:21:05 schrieb Alex Blewitt:
> On 6 Mar 2010, at 11:03, Axel Müller <aegges@xxxxxx> wrote:
> > Am Mittwoch, 3. März 2010 02:30:31 schrieb Alex Blewitt:
> >> I think there's a lot of Unix tools which use autoconf
> >
> > There is already a Eclipse project for autoconf support.
> > http://www.eclipse.org/linuxtools/projectPages/autotools/
>
> Ah! I'd never have thought to look there, since autoconf works on Mac
> OSX and other unices. Is there anything Linux specific about the
> linuxtools?
I guess some of the plugins will also work on Mac OSX w/o modifications.
There is a newsgroup where you can get more info
http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=thread&frm_id=60

This is something we've talked about. The autotools plug-in might be better as a CDT component. If you install the right MSYS components, configure works on Windows too. So it is pretty generic. If the Linux Tools gang figures that bringing it over would be the right thing, I think the CDT gang would be open to that, as long as we get a committer to come and look after it. ;)

Back to the top