Re: [cdt-dev] builder and MinGW

By the way, I'm using the gcc-4.4.3-32 compiler for windows from www.equation.com, which is like the MINGW.
It comes with make and gdb7.0 in one installable package (and pdf documentation of gcc and gdb). It also has all Windows related headers and libs like MinGW

When I create a new project, I select e.g. a Executable Project, unselect the "Show project types and toolchains only, if they are supported on the platform", then select the MinGW Compiler.

I also have the compiler installed at d:\gcc-4.4-32. Then I usually add this path in the Environment Tab the PATH variable like D:/gcc-4.4-32/bin;<other paths>
and say replace environment.

Then I can just use the gcc compiler as if it were a MinGW.

The only thing not really working is the external builder, since it uses the msys shell tools, which I'm not a fan of.