Re: [cdt-dev] target unexpectedly stops on a SIGINT while setting breakpoint on running target

On Thu, Mar 04, 2010 at 11:55:49AM -0500, Marc Khouzam wrote:
> What is the fundamental change in GDB behavior when using async mode?
> Is it simply that we still have a prompt that will accept -exec-interrupt
> while the target is running?
> For example, I would have thought we could give breakpoint commands in
> this case, but it turns out they still fail if the target is running.
> So, if we can get a feel of what GDB will do different, we could find
> that it is not a big deal to make the switch.

I'm not an expert in this area, but I think it's basically as you've
described.  Some output may move around, e.g. running/stopped
notifications.  The main difference is that when you get a (gdb)
prompt, it's really a prompt; GDB will respond to input.  Not a lot of
commands work at this point, but -exec-interrupt will.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery

Back to the top