[cdt-dev] CDT update site structure - "Eclipse CDT Testing Feature"

If somebody (Vivian?) is modifying the build or new features in the CDT site.xml,
a while back we talked about moving the "Eclipse CDT Testing Feature" to perhaps a new category
e.g. "CDT Optional Testing and Developer Tools" or something. (that phrasing would probably make it sort at the end of the existing category list).
But it was suggested back then that we wait until Helios.

Basically, I usually want our (PTP) users to install CDT by selecting almost everything (because they need the UPC feature)
but if they select all the "CDT Optional Features" category, that "Eclipse CDT Testing Feature" includes
and extra page in the new project wizard (for testing, obviously) that confuses new users.
So now, I usually say to select everything but UNcheck the "Eclipse CDT Testing Feature" which is awkward.

I think Mylyn is now included in the "Eclipse Classic" download isn't it? So you don't have to UNcheck the "Mylyn Bridge: C/C++ Development" feature like you did for Galileo.

Thanks.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts
Eclipse Parallel Tools Platform http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM STG Communications Protocols and Tools
Mailing Address: IBM Corp., Coldstream Research Campus, 745 West New Circle Road, Lexington, KY 40511

Inactive hide details for Alena Laskavaia ---03/03/2010 12:12:05 PM---I added a feature, I called it "Eclipse C/C++ Code AnalysAlena Laskavaia ---03/03/2010 12:12:05 PM---I added a feature, I called it "Eclipse C/C++ Code Analysis Framework (Codan)" to codan folder, Dou

Alena Laskavaia <elaskavaia.cdt@xxxxxxxxx>

03/03/2010 12:12 PM

[cdt-dev] codan feature

Sent by:

cdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

I added a feature, I called it "Eclipse C/C++ Code Analysis Framework
(Codan)" to codan folder, Doug can you please include it in a build?
Or let me know how to do it. Do we have any wiki or something about it?
I also have a test project, I don't know how to include it in testing
suite... And to include sources for plugins, should I make another
feature or they are
included automatically somehow?