[cdt-dev] FW: [cdt-debug-dev] Fixing some Debug feature-parity bugs

>From John Dallaway (forwarded from cdt-debug-dev which I posted the orginal by mistake)

Thanks for the input John.  I've added the [cdi] tag to both the below bugs.
From: cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [cdt-debug-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of John Dallaway [john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: February 6, 2010 8:10 AM
To: CDT Debug developers list
Subject: Re: [cdt-debug-dev] Fixing some Debug feature-parity bugs

Hi Marc

Marc Khouzam wrote:

> We also agree that new debugging features are not going to be
> done for CDI, so I think we need to start building momentum for DSF-GDB
> so as to get more contributions and get the whole CDT debugging to continue
> getting more new features.  This will also benefit any DSF-based integration
> as DSF will be given more attention.
>
> So, let's take the bull by the horns and get some feature-parity bugs fixed.

The following bugs are show-stoppers for anyone wanting to switch from
CDI-GDB to DSF-GDB for multi-threaded debugging outside the context of
LWP-based threading:

http://bugs.eclipse.org/280607
[debug view][commands] CLIInfoThreadsInfo parsing tied to LWP

http://bugs.eclipse.org/280631
[debug view] Thread list in Debug view not updated with non-Linux target

It would be great to see the patches in these bug reports applied for
Helios. Can they be added to your punch list please? Perhaps someone
could add "[cdi]" to the summary field of these bug reports.

John Dallaway